Thursday, August 25, 2005

A whole new world

There are a few things Luxie has gotten to do out here for the first time in her life. I thought I'd post them so we would always have them to remember.

First, my dad has a vegetable garden, and she has had several opportunities to pick corn, carrots, cucumbers, green peppers and tomatoes (which she squished and squirted all over the place!)He also has cows, so she has been calling the cows, and watching them eat... all while resting safely in my arms. The are a bit intimidating to someone who stands shorter than their legs!

She has also had tons of time to run and play in the backyard at my mom's house. It's like a magic garden, with tons of flowers, a huge fence, and the perfect little swing set just high enough off the ground for her to reach. The grass is perfect and she spends hours running, rolling, swinging, twirling, and laying on the soft ground. Not a mosquito to be found, and about 75 degrees in the shade. Beautiful.

I think that these are the memories I treasure about the area. These are the things I took for granted when I lived here. And these are the moments I am so happy to share with Luxie.

3 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

sounds absolutely fantastic... I'm so glad luxie-lu is getting to experience this.

10:09 AM  
Blogger mommy zabs said...

That's so great! Oh 75 and no misquitos... nice. trade me places?
My husband saw your husband the other day :)

9:06 PM  
Blogger lulu said...

thanks everyone! Joy, im so sorry it is virtually impossible for me to make it anywhere before I go! Im sorry I have missed you again, and I appreciate so much your willingness to get together! I know someday we shall surely meet.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home