Friday, June 10, 2005

I cant believe it

My daughter ate an entire Strawberry frosted PopTart for breakfast this morning. This, my darling little girl who was raised completely on Whole Foods the first 18 months of her life. She has had macaroni and cheese for the last three days for lunch, as well as McDonalds and a Taco Bell burrito for dinner. (ok, part of that was due to the fact that 1, Im pregnant and cannot cook at this time. and 2, we were desperately in need of groceries). But what has happened? Have I gotten lazy? Am I too cheap now? Do I think she is mature enough to handle it? Part of the reason is she just wont eat some of the stuff I used to fix and has become sooo picky. Ive somewhat resorted to giving her whatever she will eat. Second, I am not a good cook. Ive never had any interest in it, and I dont enjoy it much. For this reason I have not developed a good basket of recipes to pull from each evening. So there are about three meals I typically make and she is sick of them. (Heck, Im sick of them too!) Oh well, I know worse things have happened, and Im hardly ruining her life by feeding her PopTarts. But it's another one of those things that I am doing where I struggle with feeling like a "bad mom," but dont plan to change it. Like eating three Krispy Kreme donuts then sitting on the couch and watching a few hours of tv.

1 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

the food issue wears me out... I think because it's a constant thing... sometimes I am so good at providing healthy, fresh food... other times, I can't seem to keep up and end up relying on 'less healthy' (ahem) foods...

but for you, especially right now (being newly pregnant), just do what you need to do to make it through the day and don't feel bad about it! li'l luxie lu will be just fine, she's such a vibrant and healthy little girl!

oh, and you totally deserve those krispy kreme donuts and an evening of television!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home