Friday, May 06, 2005

"maybe if I close my eyes..."

For about the past 4-6 months Luxie has done this funny thing when she doesnt want to come to grips with the situation. She shuts her eyes. For example, each Sunday as we arrive at church and enter the building either Daddy or I are carrying her in towards the nursery. As we walk in she keeps her head held high, but presses her eyes closed, even until we hand her over to the nursery workers! It's as if she is saying "maybe if I close my eyes we wont really be going there" or "maybe if I close my eyes this whole place will disappear!" She closes her eyes when we go to the doctor, when she meets people she hasnt met before, or when I ask her not to do something and she still wants to do it. She will keep her eyes closed and continue doing the thing i asked her not to do! As if I cant see her because she cant see me! It is really the cutest thing I've ever seen her do!

4 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

That has to be one of the cutest stories I have ever heard :) I think I'll try it. :)

8:28 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

you know, ava does something very similar. when we are saying something to her that she doesn't want to hear (or she gets scolded for something), she closes her eyes. OR she says she's tired and wants to take a nap and then pretends to go to sleep. it's funny how their reasoning works, isn't it?

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! sooo funny

our jaden holds his ears when he's scared, or in trouble.

i love how children are so demonstrative of their emotions.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is a sweeeeeeetie! What a gift from God! I just love to sit and watch her and listen to her! I will have plenty of time to do this in the vacation coming up! YES!!!!!!

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home