Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Help!

Today I sent this email off to friends. I need help! I have a need for input on an issue with my daughter that I cannot for the life of me figure out how to fix!

She has always been a terrific sleeper except for those rare occasions of illness or teeth problems. For as long as I can remember she was going to bed at 8pm ish and getting up around 7-730a. She takes a 1.5-2hr nap each day too. Suddenly she has begun waking at between 6-630 ish and it is killing me. You see, no one in this Corrona household gets up before 7, it just isnt allowed.

Now obviously the first thing that occured to me is that she has reached another stage at which she will need less sleep. She has always needed less sleep than what the books say a child her age needs, so I quickly adjusted her bedtime back thirty minutes to counteract the early rising.....but nothing seems to work! Last night we had company and she didnt go to bed until 9pm, and there she was up and at em at 620! I cant have this! Especially with a husband who goes to bed around 3am after work and isnt able to help me out in the morning. I stay up in the evening to be with him, which makes mornings at 6 revolting!

Please offer any advice you might have! All I want is to sleep until the 7's. Less than that is simply unacceptable!

2 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

When you find something that works, let us know!!! :)Elizabeth

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes kids do the darndest things. It seems that no matter what I read an dtry out on my son it doesn't faze him. He's got his own set of rules and it's all biological so I realize that things will even out in the end. Just be patient as she probably won't be like this for long. Might be a phase she's going thru?

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home