Tuesday, June 21, 2005

question!

Hi everyone, I decided to open the blog up for discussion and just get some ideas on what you do with your kids each day, because I am running out of ideas! It seems like we spend most of the day either doing Mr. Potato Head, Colorforms, Playdough, or going to the park or grocery store. I would love to hear what the rest of you all are doing, just to get some new ideas! She is really asking for a whole bunch of my time lately, and doesnt much like to play alone, although I steal the occasional 10 minutes or so to myself. She prefers interacting, I suppose because there still isnt a lot she can do on her own. Any fun stuff I should know about but dont? Im bored. My husband said, "You cant live the life of a two year old!" and I completely agree! But somehow I find myself doing it each day!

4 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

Well I don't have a two year old. But I can guess :)
I'm sure they are all stuff you have tried... in fact I heard your one pool story :)
Pool
Park
Play dates
At our malls they have play areas. Owen loves those and it is air conditioned. Then I just push stroller around... Sometimes I eat in the food court. I call it a little date.
maybe get a cheap blow up pool at walmart and do that in afternoon.
coloring books???
fingerpaint?
jump in the sprinkler
go to coffee shop or borders and get her a book and you a book explain it is quiet time for you both and that you need to sit quiet and read book (I don't know how this works with a 2 year old :))
library

There is my shot at it.

9:10 AM  
Blogger mommy zabs said...

yeah we are doing a Parents day out for Owen starting fall. He is going ot have 2 days where he is in from 9-1. I'm excited because it will help socialize him and give me a set time for errends, alone time, or coffee with a friend. Is that something you could do. ESPECIALLY with your husband being gone quite a bit. It may be a really good investment in your sanity.

4:57 PM  
Blogger lulu said...

thanks so much for your replies! i have decided to sign up for a gymboree class once a week...we shall see how it goes! and then i just need to get on some sort of schedule instead of wandering thru the day wondering what to do! i need to get a few regular playdates and make a plan! thanks

1:46 PM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

I just read your post today--and it reminded me that I need to whip up another batch of playdough, now that I've picked the last of it out of the carpet! Lots of cleanup, but lots of fun.
Have you been brave enough to try projects with glue yet? I know emma loves to glue things, like scraps of paper and fabric that I've torn/cut up for her. She also loves to "mail letters". I've given her some paper and old envelopes/stickers, etc.
I also found this great program through my art center/museum, called Toddler Art. It is like a wonderland for my daughter. That might be another good resource. If you don't read it already, Martha Stewart Kids has great ideas. Please keep us posted on the things you try/do. This is a great question.
molly
http://mommycoddle.typepad.com/

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home