Sunday, August 21, 2005

...

I want to apologize for not writing on Hopscotch Honey for over a month. To be honest it has gotten difficult keeping up with three blogs--one I barely write on, then this one which I enjoy but have a hard time finding time to write on, and Lulu's World. I have been contemplating closing out this one and just writing on Lulu's in the future because I think it would give me more to talk about on one blog again. But I hate to just leave it--I want to keep it up because I dont want to lose all Ive written. I actually really like the look of this blog (better than Lulu's) but just cant get over here as often as I'd like.

Anyway, Luxie has been such a trooper on this visit to Grandma and Grandpa's house. She has adjusted reasonably to the time change and is her usual perky self again. They are so surprised at how her vocabulary has increased, and at how smart she is (she really is a genius, you know!) And they are spending as much time with her as humanly possible. The weather here is very hot, but when you are waking at the crack of dawn you can hit the park by 8am and play in dry, 70 degree weather which is absolutely wonderful. This afternoon it will hit 100, but, with no mosquitos running thru the sprinkler in the back yard is a perfect way to beat the heat.

Here are a few of her funny words these days:
"pooties" (no, not what you're thinking!) it is her word for "Cooties" the game.
"kineapples" are pineapples
"yegos" are leggos
"ip-ip goss" is lipgloss
"owangpans" (you will never guess this in a million years) are marshmallows. No idea where this one came from but no matter how we try to sound it out for her she just looks back at us with big eyes and says slowly "owang pans".

Hope you all are well, and Elizabeth, thanks for checking on me!

2 Comments:

Blogger mommy zabs said...

You do what ever you need to do :) Last thing you need right now is to have an extra thing on your plate! :) We'll all understand

10:21 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

don't know what to tell you about your three blogs... I enjoy all of them but know it's got to be challenging to keep up. I can barely keep up with my own!

can I just say how envious I am of your weather? you are able to go to the park and play comfortably! so glad you're having a good time.

as for that luxie lu and her words... well, I just love to hear her talk. I love that li'l genuis child.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home